FoodSwitch is built for users looking for healthier food choices as through FoodSwitch users can see what’s in the food they are eating and helps them to make healthier choices for themselves and their families.
Users can view the nutrition information using two modes:
- Traffic light labels – uses colour-coded ratings tell you if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for four key food components (salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat).
- Health Star Ratings – gives an idea of how healthy a product is overall from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
Features of FoodSwitch :
- Get immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information from a large, independent, Australian packaged food products database
- Get a list of similar foods to the item you scanned and switch to healthier choices where available
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists.
- Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family